Tuesday, January 8, 2008

No Good Black Journalists?

I know this blog is meant to be about journalism and I've already written an entry about The Wire's new newspaper angle, but I thought this Associated Press quote from David Simon, the show's creator, is pretty interesting:

"Let me indict Hollywood as much as I can on this one. We have more working black actors in key roles than pretty much all the other shows on the air. And yet you still hear people claim they can't find good African-American actors. That's why race-neutral shows and movies turn out lily-white."

Rejigger this a little and Simon could easily be talking about the field of journalism. How's that for relevance?

adl

Aiesha D. Little
NABJ Adviser
University of Cincinnati Association of Black Journalists

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online