Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hail to the (Editor in) Chief!

Cincinnati NABJ member and Cincinnati Enquirer business reporter Keith Reed is set to become the next editor of Catalyst Ohio! Congrats!

From Richard Prince's Journal-isms column:

Keith Reed, Cincinnati Enquirer business reporter, has been named editor of Catalyst Ohio, an independent magazine covering urban education, with a focus on Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus. Reed, 31, said he decided to edit the 13,000-circulation bimonthly because "I'm getting my first opportunity to put my mark on a brand, which has always been a goal of mine. That said, it was still something of a tough decision because I've worked my whole career . . . to build my own brand as a business reporter and economics commentator. So to get the opportunity to lead, I had to make the decision to step away from business reporting, at least full time, at precisely the moment that business reporters are probably needed most. My hope . . . is that I'll still be able to continue with that through my blog and my regular economics contributions on NPR."

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online